Quantcast

Torrent

mattzab
Hello,

Is there a torrent available for all sword resources, including software and module repositories?

If not, I'd be interested in creating one. Is there any recommendation from you guys as to how to mirror everything currently online? I imagine I would need to manually add new modules to the torrent any time one is added.

What do you guys think/suggest?

Re: Torrent

David Haslam
The distribution restriction on some modules that Greg mentions is important.

I'm a little concerned about how STEP Bible repackages some of our Bible modules in one grand Zip file.
Likewise for another Zip file containing the repackaged Bible modules from eBible.org.

See bottom left in https://www.stepbible.org/downloads.jsp

I've not been through all the Zip file contents, but if they do contain any that only CrossWire is licensed to distribute, then we should contact our friend Dr David Instone-Brewer at Tyndale House with a courteous request to remove those few.

A drawback of repackaging like this is that there's typically no formal procedure to keep the contents up to date after modules have been updated by CrossWire.

Best regards,