Strong's referance's

Peter Simon
Hi​
Just a question on the Strong's! it doesn't seem to match up with the Strong's that I have.
Note that 1249 Greek reference lists a deacon as specially, a Christian teacher and pastor, this doesn't appear in the Exhaustive Strong's Concordance.
The Strongest Strong's 2001zondervan, doesn't have a deacon as a pastor or teacher.
Which has made me to wonder about the rest of the translations that the app is using.
What is the Greek that the end bible is using?
The app is great, if the Greek is off the mark then there is a problem as the KJV and the Strong's are supposed to go hand in hand I was always
told.
Blessing
Peter

Re: Strong's referance's

DM Smith-5
Hi Peter,

The KJV is based upon the TR with Scrivener’s variations as provided by Maurice Robinson. Likewise for the Strong’s numbers for the NT. The tagging was done by CrossWire volunteers. If you have particular verses where you see the problem, I’d be glad to check, analyze and give you a detailed answer on a verse by verse basis.

In Him,
DM Smith

On Jul 11, 2016, at 9:47 PM, Peter Simon wrote:

Hi​
Just a question on the Strong's! it doesn't seem to match up with the Strong's that I have.
Note that 1249 Greek reference lists a deacon as specially, a Christian teacher and pastor, this doesn't appear in the Exhaustive Strong's Concordance.
The Strongest Strong's 2001zondervan, doesn't have a deacon as a pastor or teacher.
Which has made me to wonder about the rest of the translations that the app is using.
What is the Greek that the end bible is using?
The app is great, if the Greek is off the mark then there is a problem as the KJV and the Strong's are supposed to go hand in hand I was always
told.
Blessing
Peter

Re: Strong's referance's

Karl Kleinpaste-2
On 07/11/2016 09:47 PM, Peter Simon wrote:
The Strongest Strong's 2001zondervan, doesn't have a deacon as a pastor or teacher.
Which has made me to wonder about the rest of the translations that the app is using.
What is the Greek that the end bible is using?
There are both several flavors of Strong's dictionary modules and several flavors of Greek NT modules.  You will have to tell us exactly which modules you're using.

In StrongsRealGreek from Xiphos repository -- I maintain this, produced from Ulrik Sandborg-Petersen's releases, https://github.com/morphgnt/strongs-dictionary-xml/downloads, currently v1.5 -- the text for G1249 matches what you expect.

I'm unware of any Greek NT modules that mislabel this word, nor that KJV has such a glitch; as one reference point, I see that KJV 1Tim.3.8,12;4.6 correctly annotate using 1249.