SWORD 1.8.0 pending release

Troy A. Griffitts
Hey everyone,

I wanted to apologize for the delay pushing a 1.8.0 final out the door.
I've had a few small patches sent to me for little things like build
system changes for distros and such and I have one commit which extends
an interface for 1.8.0 for something I've been working on, all ready to
go but I haven't had a change to bundle up a final RC.  I have a large
life milestone deadline in 3 weeks and likely won't get to it before
then.  I want to keep everyone in the loop to know when they can expect
the final release, so it's not just hanging, like usual.

I hope everyone is doing well,

Troy

Re: SWORD 1.8.0 pending release

David Haslam
Will 1.8 include any support for new hi types, such as spaced-letters ?

See https://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_211_CR#New_hi_types

Are there other new features listed on this wiki page that would be relatively easy to implement?

Best regards,