Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

Troy A. Griffitts
This is great, Fred. Have your technical guys take a look at these details. There is a short minimal setup and a more advanced setup described.

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Creating_and_Maintaining_a_Module_Repository

Once everything is in place on your end, let us know and we will add your site to our registry enabling all SWORD frontends to automatically discover your resources you place there.

Thank you for this. Blessings in your service for our Lord.

Troy

On August 8, 2014 12:07:48 PM MST, Fred Phelps IV <[hidden email]> wrote:
To Sword Development at Crosswire

We intend to host the Uighur Cyrillic Bible Sword Module (currently Gen, Ex, and NT) on our own repository located at

http://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD

The Sword module is not yet there but hopefully will be tomorrow.

Please let us know the next steps.

Fred Phelps for the Uighur Cyrillic team

Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

David Haslam
Also visit this page to see the information we document about module repositories.

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Repositories

A new subsection has been added in anticipation.

Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

Hi Fred,

You may wish to carefully consider the most appropriate name for the new repository.

If in future you plan to publish other Bible translations or ancillary modules (in addition to the Uighur Cyrillic) then a more general name might be preferred.

Blessings,

Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

Fred Phelps IV
Troy,

The Uighur Cyrillic Sword module is now on a ftp server at

http://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD

When I go there I get a "Forbidden" message so there must be some permission given to access it. But Andreas is asleep and I cannot find out what the problem is for at least 8 hours.

Other than that, as far as I can tell, "All is ready."

Fred

On 8/8/2014 3:22 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
[...]

Nice Fred and Andreas!  I just tried it via FTP:

ftp://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD/

and receive a login prompt.  This usually means that 'anonymous' read-only access isn't enabled.

Troy

On 08/11/2014 10:22 AM, Fred Phelps IV wrote:
[...]

OK, that is something he can enable I hope when he wakes up! So I do not have to give you the site's password?

Can we talk about the CARS situation?

Fred

On 8/11/2014 1:31 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
[...]

"A.Götze"

Sorry about that! Need to fix it.
But so far the module itself can be accessed:
http://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD/UYC.zip

Andreas

ftp://www.slovocars.org/share/SWORD/UYC.zip

[...]

When is the Uighur Cyrillic module source going to become available as a properly created and maintained repository ?

i.e. With anonymous FTP access for modules to be downloaded direct from any front-end app?

Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

Kahunapule Michael Johnson-2
I would be happy to add the Bibles in the Uighur Cyrillic module source to the eBible.org repository, with full ftp and http access. All I ask is the USFM source files, the necessary metadata, and permission to do so. :-)

On 08/08/2015 04:15 AM, David Haslam wrote:
When is the Uighur Cyrillic module source going to become available as a
properly created and maintained repository ?

i.e. With anonymous FTP access for modules to be downloaded direct from any
front-end app?

Aloha,
Kahunapule Michael Johnson

MICHAEL JOHNSON
PO BOX 881143
PUKALANI HI 96788-1143

USA
eBible.org
MLJohnson.org
Mobile: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule

Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

Was this ever fixed?

i.e. So that I can add the details here in the wiki?

https://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Repositories#Uighur_Cyrillic_Bible

Best regards,

Re: Uighur Cyrillic Repository

David Haslam
The modules team released the submitted UYC module as UyCyr in February 2017.

I will update the wiki page by removing the subsection.

btw.  UYC.zip is still available also via http only from the Slovocars site.
i.e. ftp access still doesn't have anonymous ftp.

David