Module upload: UrduGeo

refdoc
Dear All,
This is to announce that we have just now uploaded UrduGeo.
This is is an updated version of UrduGeo.
Many thanks to update for the hard work.

yours

The Module Team

P.S.: This email is sent automatically on upload of a new/updated module

Re: Module upload: UrduGeo

David Haslam
Looking at the text of the UrduGeo module, which uses the Arabic writing system, I was surprised to discover that there are four Devanagari characters in the module.

U+0924 त 1 DEVANAGARI LETTER TA
U+092C ब 1 DEVANAGARI LETTER BA
U+0932 ल 1 DEVANAGARI LETTER LA
U+0942 ू 1 DEVANAGARI VOWEL SIGN UU

The word तूबल appears in the text of this verse!

Jeremiah 47:5: غزہ بیٹی ماتم کے عالم میں اپنا سر منڈوائے گی، اسقلون شہر तूबलمسمار ہو جائے گا۔ اے میدانی علاقے کے بچے ہوئے لوگو، تم کب تک اپنی جلد کو زخمی کرتے رہو گے؟

This might indicate that the translation is edited in Devanagari, and that the Arabic script edition is made by means of a conversion process.

i.e. At this sole location, the process stumbles maybe due to an exception for the conversion algorithm.

If you are in contact with the publisher of the source text, this is something that perhaps ought to be reported to them.

btw. The handling of the 74 verse ranges has not been adequately implemented.

Where verse ranges exist, it was done by a hyphen and digits in the verse text rather in proper OSIS XML.

There is room for improvement here.

Best regards,

Re: Module upload: UrduGeo

refdoc@gmx.net
You are this time too slow.😁

I have told this and various other abnormalities yesterday to the publisher. They are going to send a further cleaned text soon.

Peter

Sent from my mobile. Please forgive shortness, typos and weird autocorrects.

Re: Module upload: UrduGeo

David Haslam
That's just as it should be for a 69 year old.

:)

David