Quantcast

Module upload: FreJND

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Module upload: FreJND

refdoc
Dear All,
This is to announce that we have just now uploaded FreJND.
This is is an updated version of FreJND.
Many thanks to update for the hard work.

yours

The Module Team

P.S.: This email is sent automatically on upload of a new/updated module

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

David Haslam
Peter,

Minor observation:

Your announcement included "Many thanks to update for the hard work."

Shouldn't that have been "Many thanks to yvand for the hard work." ?

And if so, might there be a tiny bug in your scripting?

Blessings,

David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

David Haslam
In reply to this post by refdoc
Dear Peter,

Please make corrections to the file frejnd.conf

Delete superfluous lines 48-52.
Line 48 is just wrong. "es (2007.04.27)" - looks like it's a partial copy from line 39.
Lines 49-52 merely duplicate earlier lines.

Please review your script to determine the root cause of these quirks.
i.e. Prevent re-occurrence.

Suggest:
Add a line with ShortPromo to advertise the URL that yvand mentioned in his submission email.

Line 21 states:
DistributionNotes=Report errors to <seb.sword(a)koocotte.org>

Please check with yvand if this instruction is still valid!
Or should that email be replaced by a more current address?

Best regards,

David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

Peter Von Kaehne
In reply to this post by David Haslam
If this is the best bug you have found in this particular module release then I am well please :-))), but yes, you are right.

Peter

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2017 um 14:21 Uhr
> Von: "David Haslam" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [sword-devel] Module upload: FreJND
>
> Peter,
>
> Minor observation:
>
> Your announcement included "Many thanks to *update* for the hard work."
>
> Shouldn't that have been "Many thanks to *yvand* for the hard work." ?
>
> And if so, might there be a tiny bug in your scripting?
>
> Blessings,
>
> David
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Module-upload-FreJND-tp4657166p4657167.html
> Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
> http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
>

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

David Haslam
It was, as they say, merely "the tip of the iceberg".  :)

The second reply detailed "what lies beneath".

Many thanks to "modules team" for all "his" hard work.

Cheers.

David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

yvand
In reply to this post by David Haslam
I just want to mention that this release fixes paragraph and notes
issues (paragraph break + numbering, spacing and crossReference notes)
and adds a new markup for WoC (Words of Christ).

Bugs can be reported at https://frejnd.yapper.fr/signaler/ or by mail to
yvand(dot)sword(at)gmail(dot)com and seb(dot)sword(at)koocotte(dot)org

Thanks to the Crosswire team!


Le 17/05/2017 à 15:50, David Haslam a écrit :

> Dear Peter,
>
> Please make corrections to the file *frejnd.conf*
>
> Delete superfluous lines 48-52.
> Line 48 is just wrong. "es (2007.04.27)" - looks like it's a partial copy
> from line 39.
> Lines 49-52 merely duplicate earlier lines.
>
> Please review your script to determine the root cause of these quirks.
> i.e. Prevent re-occurrence.
>
> Suggest:
> Add a line with *ShortPromo* to advertise the URL that *yvand* mentioned in
> his submission email.
>
> Line 21 states:
> DistributionNotes=Report errors to <seb.sword(a)koocotte.org>
>
> Please check with *yvand* if this instruction is still valid!
> Or should that email be replaced by a more current address?
>
> Best regards,
>
> David
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Module-upload-FreJND-tp4657166p4657168.html
> Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
> http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page



_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

David Haslam
In reply to this post by Peter Von Kaehne
Hi Peter,

Wouldn't it now be sensible to remove the earlier FreJND module from CrossWire Beta ?

The Beta module is Version=1.19, so it has been superseded.

What was the original reason for the module being only in Beta?

Best regards,

David
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

Peter Von Kaehne
I think - I am not at my computer to check - the two have different versifications. The one in beta uses one of the new French ones. I will re-issue all French ones, once 1.8 is out

> Gesendet: Montag, 22. Mai 2017 um 10:35 Uhr
> Von: "David Haslam" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [sword-devel] Module upload: FreJND
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Wouldn't it now be sensible to remove the earlier *FreJND* module from
> CrossWire Beta ?
>
> The Beta module is *Version=1.19*, so it has been superseded.
>
> What was the original reason for the module being only in Beta?
>
> Best regards,
>
> David
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Module-upload-FreJND-tp4657166p4657210.html
> Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
> http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
>

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: FreJND

David Haslam
That's a plausible explanation.

If that's the case, then the beta module with the different v11n ought to be rebuilt from the latest source text asap.

It could then be moved from Beta after SWORD 1.8 is released and the most popular front-ends have been updated to suit.

Best regards,

David
Loading...