Module upload: Bela

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Module upload: Bela

refdoc
Dear All,
This is to announce that we have just now uploaded Bela.
This is is an updated version of Bela.
Many thanks to Alesya for the hard work.

yours

The Module Team

P.S.: This email is sent automatically on upload of a new/updated module

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

David Haslam
I'm confused!

If Bela has "just" been updated, why doesn't it appear under Updates in the Xiphos module manager?

And yes - I know about Refresh...

The latest module is still version 1.5 - yet version 1.5 was released with SwordVersionDate=2012-07-12.

Best regards,

David

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

Karl Kleinpaste-2
On 06/17/2017 06:27 AM, David Haslam wrote:
If *Bela* has "just" been updated, why doesn't it appear under Updates in
the Xiphos module manager? 
Someone probably just forgot update the version stamp.  Presence in Xiphos' mod.mgr updates depends on a simple comparison.

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

David Haslam
In reply to this post by David Haslam
I was incorrect in my earlier observation.

Now I see why Bela didn't get listed under Updates in the Xiphos module manager.

The newly available Bela version is 1.1
This surely must be incorrect because version 1.5 was released with SwordVersionDate=2012-07-12

Why this backward step in version number?

My installed copy from 2012 has these lines in bela.conf

Version=1.5
History_1.5=General cleanup of module from same source as previous
History_1.0.2=Added trailing '/' in .conf (2012-07-12)
History_1.0.1=Corrected About and Copyright data (2009-12-22)
History_1.0=First release


Best regards,

David

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

Michael H
Clearly, the problem was with version 1.0.5 being mistyped as 1.5 somewhere.  a 'cleanup' version doesn't sound like a skip 4 type of version. 

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 12:46 PM, David Haslam <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was incorrect in my earlier observation.

Now I see why Bela didn't get listed under Updates in the Xiphos module
manager.

The newly available Bela version is 1.1
This surely must be incorrect because version 1.5 was released with
SwordVersionDate=2012-07-12

Why this backward step in version number?

My installed copy from 2012 has these lines in bela.conf

Version=1.5
History_1.5=General cleanup of module from same source as previous
History_1.0.2=Added trailing '/' in .conf (2012-07-12)
History_1.0.1=Corrected About and Copyright data (2009-12-22)
History_1.0=First release


Best regards,

David





--
View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Module-upload-Bela-tp4657295p4657335.html
Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page


_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

David Haslam
Peter knows that I was involved in some of the earlier activity on this module.
It was I who established our initial communications with Dr. Alesya Semukha-Greenberg.

Must be more complicated than that.

On 2014-11-28 I had archived Bela.zip which I just re-examined.

This was version 1.2 dated 2014-11-28 and includes these lines:

Version=1.2
History_1.2=Fixed placement of Psalm titles. Fixed remaining Selah in Psalms. Removed 12 spurious q2 element artefacts. (2014-11-28)
History_1.1=Module rebuilt to eliminate Error reading ulBuffNum (2014-11-28)
History_1.0.2=Added trailing '/' in .conf (2012-07-12)
History_1.0.1=Corrected About and Copyright data (2009-12-22)
History_1.0=First release

Now of course, this may have been something that either I or Peter worked on back then.

We therefore need to revisit our emails from that period to determine just what the status was in 2014.

I was really quite surprised to see a new release of the Bela module, as it's been a long time since Peter and I discussed the module.

Best regards,

David

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

Michael H
Your additional info seems to confirm that Xiphos accepted a typo in 2012, and has not updated its listing since.  The conversation should be how to mitigate this (and similar typos that may also exist in other modules) in the Xiphos repository.

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM, David Haslam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Peter knows that I was involved in some of the earlier activity on this
module.
It was I who established our initial communications with Dr. Alesya
Semukha-Greenberg.

Must be more complicated than that.

On 2014-11-28 I had archived Bela.zip which I just re-examined.

This was version 1.2 dated 2014-11-28 and includes these lines:

Version=1.2
History_1.2=Fixed placement of Psalm titles. Fixed remaining Selah in
Psalms. Removed 12 spurious q2 element artefacts. (2014-11-28)
History_1.1=Module rebuilt to eliminate Error reading ulBuffNum (2014-11-28)
History_1.0.2=Added trailing '/' in .conf (2012-07-12)
History_1.0.1=Corrected About and Copyright data (2009-12-22)
History_1.0=First release

Now of course, this may have been something that either I or Peter worked on
back then.

We therefore need to revisit our emails from that period to determine just
what the status was in 2014.

I was really quite surprised to see a new release of the Bela module, as
it's been a long time since Peter and I discussed the module.

Best regards,

David





--
View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/Module-upload-Bela-tp4657295p4657338.html
Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page


_______________________________________________
sword-devel mailing list: [hidden email]
http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module upload: Bela

David Haslam
Not the Xiphos repository, but the main CrossWire repository.

I generally use the Xiphos front-end app to install modules to my SWORD path in Windows 7.

David

Loading...