Quantcast

Holman Christian Standard Bible

mjdenham
Hi,

I was wondering if CrossWire had any plans to make a Holman Christian Standard Bible module available.  Olive Tree are making a version available free.

Kind regards
Martin

Re: Holman Christian Standard Bible

David Haslam
Martin,

It would depends on any outcome of lobbying for permissions from the copyright owners. See
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Copyright

It's not yet listed in http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests

I don't know if they have been approached by anyone on behalf of CrossWire.

Re: Holman Christian Standard Bible

Jonathan Morgan
I was thinking about this recently when I saw that they were interested in making more things free (I have the OliveTree free version, and use it too).  However, looking at http://www.hcsbstudybible.com/b/weblog/archive/2010/10/11/new-hcsb-ebook-editions-available-now-more-coming-soon.aspx seems to suggest that as a generalisation, they only intend to give free versions that are eBooks (e.g. no formatting, chapter level only, etc.).  That doesn't seem to match what we do.

It turns out that there was an email to sword-support (which I don't remember seeing) on April 27 from HCSB's licensing group asking us to contact them if we were interested in talking about licensing as they had had a request from a MacSword user to make it available.

Jon

http://crosswire.org/wiki/Copyright http://crosswire.org/wiki/Copyright

It's not yet listed in  http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests

I don't know if they have been approached by anyone on behalf of CrossWire.

Re: Holman Christian Standard Bible

Manfred Bergmann-4
Yeah. I remember.
After a while I replied to them (her) but never got a response.

Manfred