French versification schemes

12

French versification schemes

domcox

As I mailed on Sunday, 23rd, I created 3 new versification schemes for French Bibles in Sword:
* Calvin for the original Bible d'Olivétan and followers, 1560+ Bible de Genève, 1707-1855 Bible David Martin, 1744-1996 Bible Jean-Frederic Ostervald and so on
* DarbyFR for the French J.N. Darby Bible and revisions
* Segond for the Louis Segond Bible and modern revisions, 1910, 1978, 2002 (NBS), 2007 (SG21)
For more details, see:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Survey_of_versification_schemes_in_French_Bibles

Attached are the corresponding files canon_calvin.h, canon_darbyfr.h, canon_segond.h, as well as a patch to apply to src/mgr/versificatiomgr.cpp.
These files can also be downloaded from my website:
http://dom.corbex.org

Packages of Sword and Xiphos for Debian stable (Jessie 8),arch=amd64, based on Sword-1.7.5a1 and including these 3 new versification schemes can be downloaded from the same location:
http://dom.corbex.org/pkg.
Please note that you'll have to remove your existing libsword before installing these packages.

Verifications:

For verification and functional tests, I used or made 3 Bibles in OSIS format. A Darby Bible made with the tools developped by Sebastien Koechlin from http://koocotte.org/darby, a D. Martin Bible from http://www.martin1707.com and a L. Segond Bible from http://www.richardlemay.com/AUD/BIB/LSG/Index.htm.
Scripts for downloading and importing those Bibles are available at my website:
http://dom.corbex.org/scripts
as well as modules ready to use :
http://dom.corbex.org/sword

osis2mod was used to convert each Bible into a Sword module, then emptyvss was run to detect empty verses. Verses causing problems with the previous versification schemes were checked with either Diatheke or Xiphos.

#1. Martin 1707 (canon Calvin):
osis2mod reports Acts.19.41 as a supplemental verse. That's correct, Acts.19.40 is split in 2 verses in the source file, although it is not in the printed Bible. Emptyvss does not detect any empty verses.

#2. Darby 1975 (canon DarbyFR)
osis2mod run without errors. Emptyvss reports 3 empty verses. That's correct, those 3 verses are also empty in the printed Bible, a footnote informs that they are only present in the Textus Receptus.

#3. Segond 1910 (canon Segond)
osis2mod reports Mark.10.53 as a supplemental verse. Depending of the revision of the Segond 1910, Mark.10.52 is divided in 2 verses or not, it is here. Emptyvss reports 4 empty verses from 2Tim.3.14 to 2.Tim.3.17, certainly a glitch in the digitization process, the 4 verses, although present in the printed Bible, are not in the source file.

--Dominique

domcox <[hidden email]>

canon_calvin.h (8K) Download Attachment
canon_darbyfr.h (7K) Download Attachment
canon_segond.h (8K) Download Attachment
fre_canon.patch (1K) Download Attachment

#1. Martin 1707 (canon Calvin):

#2. Darby 1975 (canon DarbyFR)

#3. Segond 1910 (canon Segond)
osis2mod reports Mark.10.53 as a supplemental verse. Depending of the revision of the Segond 1910, Mark.10.52 is divided in 2 verses or not, it is here. Emptyvss reports 4 empty verses from 2Tim.3.14 to 2.Tim.3.17, certainly a glitch in the digitization process, the 4 verses, although present in the printed Bible, are not in the source file.

--Dominique

domcox [hidden email]

Aloha,
Kahunapule Michael Johnson

MICHAEL JOHNSON
PO BOX 881143
PUKALANI HI 96788-1143

USA
eBible.org
MLJohnson.org
Mobile: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule

Re: French versification schemes

Костя Маслюк
Just looked at.

If your v11ns will be approved, what about to add mappings to KJVA so one would use them in parallel views in frontends?

Blessings.

Re: French versification schemes

John Austin
On 08/27/2015 02:33 AM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> If I use the new versifications to create Bibles, using the updated
> Sword library and osis2mod that includes these versifications, will
> those modules work properly with existing older Sword applications using
> older versions of the Sword library? Or should I wait for all field
> applications to be updated (which probably won't actually happen)?

Av11n modules should include the "MinimumVersion" in their conf
corresponding to the SWORD engine version where its v11n was first
supported. Front ends normally use MinimumVersion to only allow
installation of compatible modules.

So, building modules with brand new v11ns means they shouldn't appear as
installable in a particular front-end until that front-end has been
upgraded to the MinimumVersion SWORD engine. But, of course it also
means the module has the correct versification.

> [...]
>>
>> #1. Martin 1707 (canon Calvin):
>> osis2mod reports Acts.19.41 as a supplemental verse. That's correct, Acts.19.40 is split in 2 verses in the source file, although it is not in the printed Bible. Emptyvss does not detect any empty verses.
>>
>> #2. Darby 1975 (canon DarbyFR)
>> osis2mod run without errors. Emptyvss reports 3 empty verses. That's correct, those 3 verses are also empty in the printed Bible, a footnote informs that they are only present in the Textus Receptus.
>>
>> #3. Segond 1910 (canon Segond)
>> osis2mod reports Mark.10.53 as a supplemental verse. Depending of the revision of the Segond 1910, Mark.10.52 is divided in 2 verses or not, it is here. Emptyvss reports 4 empty verses from 2Tim.3.14 to 2.Tim.3.17, certainly a glitch in the digitization process, the 4 verses, although present in the printed Bible, are not in the source file.

Peter von Kaehne
We keep a bunch of modules for older installs in Crosswire Attic repository.

This has slowly fallen by the wayside as ww havent added recently any versification which had a similar impact as the French will have. But it is a mechanism you could use if you want to. Any module which is replaced by a new one with a better, new versification is stored for a while in the attic repo for use by older frontends

Peter

Sent from my phone. Apologies for brevity and typos.On 26 Aug 2015 21:33, Kahunapule Michael Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>

>> #1. Martin 1707 (canon Calvin):
>>
>> osis2mod reports Acts.19.41 as a supplemental verse. That's correct, Acts.19.40 is split in 2 verses in the source file, although it is not in the printed Bible. Emptyvss does not detect any empty verses.
>>

>> #2. Darby 1975 (canon DarbyFR)
>>
>> osis2mod run without errors. Emptyvss reports 3 empty verses. That's correct, those 3 verses are also empty in the printed Bible, a footnote informs that they are only present in the Textus Receptus.
>>

>> #3. Segond 1910 (canon Segond)
>>
>> osis2mod reports Mark.10.53 as a supplemental verse. Depending of the revision of the Segond 1910, Mark.10.52 is divided in 2 verses or not, it is here. Emptyvss reports 4 empty verses from 2Tim.3.14 to 2.Tim.3.17, certainly a glitch in the digitization process, the 4 verses, although present in the printed Bible, are not in the source file.

DM Smith-5
In anticipation of these versifications being added to SWORD lib, I’ve added them to JSword. If these are not current, I’ll update them with whatever is checked into SWORD.

We still need to add mapping files to and from the KJV for JSword. (Somebody will need to do that for SWORD too!) That’ll take a few hours apiece, but is not too hard. (I hope.) Doing so takes analysis of Psalm titles, figuring out which verses are split, merged or otherwise not present in one or the other. The format that JSword and SWORD uses is significantly different. I’ll comment the JSword mappings well enough that they can be helpful to creating the SWORD mappings.

None of the links to dom.corbex.org that are mentioned below are current. Most give a 404 — Not Found error.

In His Service,
DM

#1. Martin 1707 (canon Calvin):

#2. Darby 1975 (canon DarbyFR)

#3. Segond 1910 (canon Segond)

<canon_calvin.h><canon_darbyfr.h><canon_segond.h><fre_canon.patch>_______________________________________________

Re: French versification schemes

DM Smith-5
Konstantin,

I’ll be adding such mappings to JSword. I’ll do my best to comment them well so that they can be used as a basis for the SWORD mappings. Unfortunately, there is little resemblance between the two formats.

Below is an example for the Vulgate.

Working together in Christ,
DM Smith

# Vulgate => KJV
# pv=canonical title; v=verse; a,b etc = part verses.
# created by TyndaleSTEP at gmail dot com DIB 2013
# updated by DM Smith

# KJV's verse is split in two
Ps.2.12=Ps.2.12!a
Ps.2.13=Ps.2.12!b

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.3.1=Ps.3.1!pv
Ps.3.2=Ps.3.1!v
Ps.3.3-Ps.3.9=Ps.3.2-Ps.3.8

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.4.1=Ps.4.1!pv
Ps.4.2=Ps.4.1!v
Ps.4.3-Ps.4.8=Ps.4.2-Ps.4.7
# KJV's verse is split in two
Ps.4.9=Ps.4.8!a
Ps.4.10=Ps.4.8!b

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.5.1=Ps.5.1!pv
Ps.5.2=Ps.5.1!v
Ps.5.3-Ps.5.13=Ps.5.2-Ps.5.12

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.6.1=Ps.6.1!pv
Ps.6.2=Ps.6.1!v
Ps.6.3-Ps.6.11=Ps.6.2-Ps.6.10

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.7.1=Ps.7.1!pv
Ps.7.2=Ps.7.1!v
Ps.7.3-Ps.7.18=Ps.7.2-Ps.7.17

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.8.1=Ps.8.1!pv
Ps.8.2=Ps.8.1!v
Ps.8.3-Ps.8.10=Ps.8.2-Ps.8.9

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.9.1=Ps.9.1!pv
Ps.9.2=Ps.9.1!v
Ps.9.3-Ps.9.21=Ps.9.2-Ps.9.20
# Vulgate's Ps 9 contains KJV's Psalm 10. Following chapters shifted from here
# Need to explicitly map verse 0 for chapter shifts
# Here we want it to be shown at the same point as verse 1
Ps.9.22=Ps.10.0
Ps.9.22=Ps.10.1
Ps.9.23-Ps.9.39=Ps.10.2-Ps.10.18

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
# First full chapter shift in Psalms
Ps.10.0=Ps.11.0
Ps.10.1=Ps.11.1!pv
Ps.10.2=Ps.11.1!v
Ps.10.3-Ps.10.8=Ps.11.2-Ps.11.7

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.11.0=Ps.12.0
Ps.11.1=Ps.12.1!pv
Ps.11.2=Ps.12.1!v
Ps.11.3-Ps.11.9=Ps.12.2-Ps.12.8

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.12.0-Ps.12.6=Ps.13.0-Ps.13.6

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.13.0-Ps.13.7=Ps.14.0-Ps.14.7

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.14.0-Ps.14.5=Ps.15.0-Ps.15.5

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.15.0-Ps.15.9=Ps.16.0-Ps.16.9
Ps.15.10!a=Ps.16.10
Ps.15.10!b=Ps.16.11

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.16.0-Ps.16.15=Ps.17.0-Ps.17.15

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.17.0=Ps.18.0
Ps.17.1=Ps.18.1!pv
Ps.17.2=Ps.18.1!v
Ps.17.3-Ps.17.51=Ps.18.2-Ps.18.50

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.18.0=Ps.19.0
Ps.18.1=Ps.19.1!pv
Ps.18.2=Ps.19.1!v
Ps.18.3-Ps.18.15=Ps.19.2-Ps.19.16

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.19.0=Ps.20.0
Ps.19.1=Ps.20.1!pv
Ps.19.2=Ps.20.1!v
Ps.19.3-Ps.19.10=Ps.20.2-Ps.20.9

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.20.0=Ps.21.0
Ps.20.1=Ps.21.1!pv
Ps.20.2=Ps.21.1!v
Ps.20.3-Ps.20.14=Ps.21.2-Ps.21.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.21.0=Ps.22.0
Ps.21.1=Ps.22.1!pv
Ps.21.2=Ps.22.1!v
Ps.21.3-Ps.21.32=Ps.22.2-Ps.22.31

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.22.0-Ps.22.6=Ps.23.0-Ps.23.6

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.23.0-Ps.23.10=Ps.24.0-Ps.24.10

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.24.0-Ps.24.22=Ps.25.0-Ps.25.22

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.25.0-Ps.25.12=Ps.26.0-Ps.26.12

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.26.0-Ps.26.14=Ps.27.0-Ps.27.14

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.27.0-Ps.27.9=Ps.28.0-Ps.28.9

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.28.0-Ps.28.11=Ps.29.0-Ps.29.11

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.29.0=Ps.30.0
Ps.29.1=Ps.30.1!pv
Ps.29.2=Ps.30.1!v
Ps.29.3-Ps.29.13=Ps.30.2-Ps.30.12

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.30.0=Ps.31.0
Ps.30.1=Ps.31.1!pv
Ps.30.2=Ps.31.1!v
Ps.30.3-Ps.30.25=Ps.31.2-Ps.31.24

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.31.0-Ps.31.11=Ps.32.0-Ps.32.11

# Has no canonical title in KJV
Ps.32.0-Ps.32.22=Ps.33.0-Ps.33.22

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.33.0=Ps.34.0
Ps.33.1=Ps.34.1!pv
Ps.33.2=Ps.34.1!v
Ps.33.3-Ps.33.23=Ps.34.2-Ps.34.22

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.34.0-Ps.34.28=Ps.35.0-Ps.35.28

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.35.0=Ps.36.0
Ps.35.1=Ps.36.1!pv
Ps.35.2=Ps.36.1!v
Ps.35.3-Ps.35.13=Ps.36.2-Ps.36.12

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.36.0-Ps.36.40=Ps.37.0-Ps.37.40

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.37.0=Ps.38.0
Ps.37.1=Ps.38.1!pv
Ps.37.2=Ps.38.1!v
Ps.37.3-Ps.37.23=Ps.38.2-Ps.38.22

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.38.0=Ps.39.0
Ps.38.1=Ps.39.1!pv
Ps.38.2=Ps.39.1!v
Ps.38.3-Ps.38.14=Ps.39.2-Ps.39.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.39.0=Ps.40.0
Ps.39.1=Ps.40.1!pv
Ps.39.2=Ps.40.1!v
Ps.39.3-Ps.39.18=Ps.40.2-Ps.40.17

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.40.0=Ps.41.0
Ps.40.1=Ps.41.1!pv
Ps.40.2=Ps.41.1!v
Ps.40.3-Ps.40.14=Ps.41.2-Ps.41.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.41.0=Ps.42.0
Ps.41.1=Ps.42.1!pv
Ps.41.2=Ps.42.1!v
Ps.41.3-Ps.41.12=Ps.42.2-Ps.42.11

# Has no canonical title in KJV
Ps.42.0-Ps.42.5=Ps.43.0-Ps.43.5

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.43.0=Ps.44.0
Ps.43.1=Ps.44.1!pv
Ps.43.2=Ps.44.1!v
Ps.43.3-Ps.43.21=Ps.44.2-Ps.44.20
# 2 verses from KJV merged into one
Ps.43.22=Ps.44.21
Ps.43.22=Ps.44.22
Ps.43.23-Ps.43.26=Ps.44.23-Ps.44.26

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.44.0=Ps.45.0
Ps.44.1=Ps.45.1!pv
Ps.44.2=Ps.45.1!v
Ps.44.3-Ps.44.18=Ps.45.2-Ps.45.17

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.45.0=Ps.46.0
Ps.45.1=Ps.46.1!pv
Ps.45.2=Ps.46.1!v
Ps.45.3-Ps.45.12=Ps.46.2-Ps.46.11

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.46.0=Ps.47.0
Ps.46.1=Ps.47.1!pv
Ps.46.2=Ps.47.1!v
Ps.46.3-Ps.46.10=Ps.47.2-Ps.47.9

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.47.0=Ps.48.0
Ps.47.1=Ps.48.1!pv
Ps.47.2=Ps.48.1!v
Ps.47.3-Ps.47.15=Ps.48.2-Ps.48.14

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.48.0=Ps.49.0
Ps.48.1=Ps.49.1!pv
Ps.48.2=Ps.49.1!v
Ps.48.3-Ps.48.21=Ps.49.2-Ps.49.20

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.49.0-Ps.49.23=Ps.50.0-Ps.50.23

# Has canonical title in KJV that is in 2 verses
Ps.50.0=Ps.51.0
Ps.50.1=Ps.51.1!pv
Ps.50.2=Ps.51.1!pv
Ps.50.3=Ps.51.1!v
Ps.50.4-Ps.50.21=Ps.51.2-Ps.51.19

# Has canonical title in KJV that is in 2 verses
Ps.51.0=Ps.52.0
Ps.51.1=Ps.52.1!pv
Ps.51.2=Ps.52.1!pv
Ps.51.3=Ps.52.1!v
Ps.51.4-Ps.51.11=Ps.52.2-Ps.52.9

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.52.0=Ps.53.0
Ps.52.1=Ps.53.1!pv
Ps.52.2=Ps.53.1!v
Ps.52.3-Ps.52.7=Ps.53.2-Ps.53.6

# Has canonical title in KJV that is in 2 verses
Ps.53.0=Ps.54.0
Ps.53.1=Ps.54.1!pv
Ps.53.2=Ps.54.1!pv
Ps.53.3=Ps.54.1!v
Ps.53.4-Ps.53.9=Ps.54.2-Ps.54.7

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.54.0=Ps.55.0
Ps.54.1=Ps.55.1!pv
Ps.54.2=Ps.55.1!v
Ps.54.3-Ps.54.24=Ps.55.2-Ps.55.23

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.55.0=Ps.56.0
Ps.55.1=Ps.56.1!pv
Ps.55.2=Ps.56.1!v
Ps.55.3-Ps.55.10=Ps.56.2-Ps.56.9
# 2 verses from KJV merged into one
Ps.55.11=Ps.56.10
Ps.55.11=Ps.56.11
Ps.55.12-Ps.55.13=Ps.56.12-Ps.56.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.56.0=Ps.57.0
Ps.56.1=Ps.57.1!pv
Ps.56.2=Ps.57.1!v
Ps.56.3-Ps.56.12=Ps.57.2-Ps.57.11

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.57.0=Ps.58.0
Ps.57.1=Ps.58.1!pv
Ps.57.2=Ps.58.1!v
Ps.57.3-Ps.57.12=Ps.58.2-Ps.58.11

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.58.0=Ps.59.0
Ps.58.1=Ps.59.1!pv
Ps.58.2=Ps.59.1!v
Ps.58.3-Ps.58.18=Ps.59.2-Ps.59.17

# Has canonical title in KJV that is in 2 verses
Ps.59.0=Ps.60.0
Ps.59.1=Ps.60.1!pv
Ps.59.2=Ps.60.1!pv
Ps.59.3=Ps.60.1!v
Ps.59.4-Ps.59.14=Ps.60.2-Ps.60.12

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.60.0=Ps.61.0
Ps.60.1=Ps.61.1!pv
Ps.60.2=Ps.61.1!v
Ps.60.3-Ps.60.9=Ps.61.2-Ps.61.8

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.61.0=Ps.62.0
Ps.61.1=Ps.62.1!pv
Ps.61.2=Ps.62.1!v
Ps.61.3-Ps.61.13=Ps.62.2-Ps.62.12

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.62.0=Ps.63.0
Ps.62.1=Ps.63.1!pv
Ps.62.2=Ps.63.1!v
Ps.62.3-Ps.62.12=Ps.63.2-Ps.63.11

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.63.0=Ps.64.0
Ps.63.1=Ps.64.1!pv
Ps.63.2=Ps.64.1!v
Ps.63.3-Ps.63.11=Ps.64.2-Ps.64.10

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.64.0=Ps.65.0
Ps.64.1=Ps.65.1!pv
Ps.64.2=Ps.65.1!v
Ps.64.3-Ps.64.14=Ps.65.2-Ps.65.13

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.65.0-Ps.65.20=Ps.66.0-Ps.66.20

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.66.0=Ps.67.0
Ps.66.1=Ps.67.1!pv
Ps.66.2=Ps.67.1!v
Ps.66.3-Ps.66.8=Ps.67.2-Ps.67.7

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.67.0=Ps.68.0
Ps.67.1=Ps.68.1!pv
Ps.67.2=Ps.68.1!v
Ps.67.3-Ps.67.36=Ps.68.2-Ps.68.35

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.68.0=Ps.69.0
Ps.68.1=Ps.69.1!pv
Ps.68.2=Ps.69.1!v
Ps.68.3-Ps.68.37=Ps.69.2-Ps.69.36

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.69.0=Ps.70.0
Ps.69.1=Ps.70.1!pv
Ps.69.2=Ps.70.1!v
Ps.69.3-Ps.69.6=Ps.70.2-Ps.70.5

# No canonical title
Ps.70.0-Ps.70.24=Ps.71.0-Ps.71.24

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.71.0=Ps.72.0
Ps.71.1=Ps.72.1!pv
# 2 verses from KJV merged into one
Ps.71.2=Ps.72.1!v
Ps.71.2=Ps.72.2
Ps.71.3-Ps.71.20=Ps.72.3-Ps.72.20

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.72.0-Ps.72.28=Ps.73.0-Ps.73.28

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.73.0-Ps.73.23=Ps.74.0-Ps.74.23

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.74.0=Ps.75.0
Ps.74.1=Ps.75.1!pv
Ps.74.2=Ps.75.1!v
Ps.74.3-Ps.74.11=Ps.75.2-Ps.75.10

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.75.0=Ps.76.0
Ps.75.1=Ps.76.1!pv
Ps.75.2=Ps.76.1!v
Ps.75.3-Ps.75.13=Ps.76.2-Ps.76.12

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.76.0=Ps.77.0
Ps.76.1=Ps.77.1!pv
Ps.76.2=Ps.77.1!v
Ps.76.3-Ps.76.21=Ps.77.2-Ps.77.20

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.76.0=Ps.77.0
Ps.76.1=Ps.77.1!pv
Ps.76.2=Ps.77.1!v
Ps.76.3-Ps.76.21=Ps.77.2-Ps.77.20

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.77.0-Ps.77.72=Ps.78.0-Ps.78.72

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.78.0-Ps.78.13=Ps.79.0-Ps.79.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.79.0=Ps.80.0
Ps.79.1=Ps.80.1!pv
Ps.79.2=Ps.80.1!v
Ps.79.3-Ps.79.20=Ps.80.2-Ps.80.19

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.80.0=Ps.81.0
Ps.80.1=Ps.81.1!pv
Ps.80.2=Ps.81.1!v
Ps.80.3-Ps.80.17=Ps.81.2-Ps.81.16

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.81.0-Ps.81.8=Ps.82.0-Ps.82.8

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.82.0=Ps.83.0
Ps.82.1=Ps.83.1!pv
Ps.82.2=Ps.83.1!v
Ps.82.3-Ps.82.19=Ps.83.2-Ps.83.18

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.83.0=Ps.84.0
Ps.83.1=Ps.84.1!pv
Ps.83.2=Ps.84.1!v
Ps.83.3-Ps.83.13=Ps.84.2-Ps.84.12

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.84.0=Ps.85.0
Ps.84.1=Ps.85.1!pv
Ps.84.2=Ps.85.1!v
Ps.84.3-Ps.84.14=Ps.85.2-Ps.85.13

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.85.0-Ps.85.17=Ps.86.0-Ps.86.17

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.86.0-Ps.86.7=Ps.87.0-Ps.87.7

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.87.0=Ps.88.0
Ps.87.1=Ps.88.1!pv
Ps.87.2=Ps.88.1!v
Ps.87.3-Ps.87.19=Ps.88.2-Ps.88.18

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.88.0=Ps.89.0
Ps.88.1=Ps.89.1!pv
Ps.88.2=Ps.89.1!v
Ps.88.3-Ps.88.53=Ps.89.2-Ps.89.52

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.89.0-Ps.89.17=Ps.90.0-Ps.90.17

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.90.1-Ps.90.16=Ps.91.1-Ps.91.16

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.91.0=Ps.92.0
Ps.91.1=Ps.92.1!pv
Ps.91.2=Ps.92.1!v
Ps.91.3-Ps.91.16=Ps.92.2-Ps.92.15

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.92.0-Ps.92.5=Ps.93.0-Ps.93.5

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.93.0-Ps.93.23=Ps.94.0-Ps.94.23

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.94.0-Ps.94.11=Ps.95.0-Ps.95.11

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.95.0-Ps.95.13=Ps.96.0-Ps.96.13

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.96.0-Ps.96.12=Ps.97.0-Ps.97.12

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.97.0-Ps.97.9=Ps.98.0-Ps.98.9

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.98.0-Ps.90.9=Ps.99.0-Ps.99.9

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.99.0=Ps.100.0
Ps.99.1=Ps.100.1!pv
Ps.99.2=Ps.100.1!v
Ps.99.3-Ps.99.5=Ps.100.2-Ps.100.5

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.100.0-Ps.100.8=Ps.101.0-Ps.101.8

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.101.0=Ps.102.0
Ps.101.1=Ps.102.1!pv
Ps.101.2=Ps.102.1!v
Ps.101.3-Ps.101.29=Ps.102.2-Ps.102.28

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.102.0-Ps.102.22=Ps.103.0-Ps.103.22

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.103.0-Ps.103.35=Ps.104.0-Ps.104.35

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.104.0-Ps.104.45=Ps.105.0-Ps.105.45

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.105.0-Ps.105.48=Ps.106.0-Ps.106.48

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.106.0-Ps.106.43=Ps.107.0-Ps.107.43

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.107.0=Ps.108.0
Ps.107.1=Ps.108.1!pv
Ps.107.2=Ps.108.1!v
Ps.107.3-Ps.107.14=Ps.108.2-Ps.108.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.108.0=Ps.109.0
Ps.108.1=Ps.109.1!pv
# 2 verses from KJV merged into one
Ps.108.2=Ps.109.1!v
Ps.108.2=Ps.109.2
Ps.108.3-Ps.108.31=Ps.109.3-Ps.109.31

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.109.0-Ps.109.7=Ps.110.0-Ps.110.7

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.110.0-Ps.110.10=Ps.111.0-Ps.111.10

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.111.0-Ps.111.10=Ps.112.0-Ps.112.10

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.112.0-Ps.112.9=Ps.113.0-Ps.113.9

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.113.0-Ps.113.8=Ps.114.0-Ps.114.8
# Merging with following chapter. Starting 2 chapter shift
Ps.113.9=Ps.115.0
Ps.113.9-Ps.113.26=Ps.115.1-Ps.115.18

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.114.0-Ps.114.9=Ps.116.0-Ps.116.9

# No canonical title in KJV
# Splitting chapter. Returning to 1 chapter shift
Ps.115.0=Ps.116.10
Ps.115.1-Ps.115.10=Ps.116.10-Ps.116.19

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.116.0-Ps.116.2=Ps.117.0-Ps.117.2

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.117.0-Ps.117.29=Ps.118.0-Ps.118.29

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.118.0-Ps.118.176=Ps.119.0-Ps.119.176

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.119.0-Ps.119.7=Ps.120.0-Ps.120.7

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.120.0-Ps.120.8=Ps.121.0-Ps.121.8

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.121.0-Ps.121.9=Ps.122.0-Ps.122.9

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.122.0-Ps.122.4=Ps.123.0-Ps.123.4

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.123.0-Ps.123.8=Ps.124.0-Ps.124.8

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.124.0-Ps.124.5=Ps.125.0-Ps.125.5

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.125.0-Ps.125.6=Ps.126.0-Ps.126.6

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.126.0-Ps.126.5=Ps.127.0-Ps.127.5

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.127.0-Ps.127.6=Ps.128.0-Ps.128.6

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.128.0-Ps.128.8=Ps.129.0-Ps.129.8

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.129.0-Ps.129.8=Ps.130.0-Ps.130.8

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.130.0-Ps.130.3=Ps.131.0-Ps.131.3

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.131.0-Ps.131.18=Ps.132.0-Ps.132.18

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.132.0-Ps.132.3=Ps.133.0-Ps.133.3

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.133.0-Ps.133.3=Ps.134.0-Ps.134.3

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.134.0-Ps.134.21=Ps.135.0-Ps.135.21

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.135.0-Ps.135.26=Ps.136.0-Ps.136.26

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.136.0-Ps.136.9=Ps.137.0-Ps.137.9

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.137.0-Ps.137.8=Ps.138.0-Ps.138.8

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.138.0-Ps.138.24=Ps.139.0-Ps.139.24

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.139.0-Ps.139.14=Ps.140.0-Ps.140.13

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.139.0=Ps.140.0
Ps.139.1=Ps.140.1!pv
Ps.139.2=Ps.140.1!v
Ps.140.0-Ps.140.10=Ps.141.0-Ps.141.10

# Has canonical title in KJV that is separate verse
Ps.141.0=Ps.140.0
Ps.141.1=Ps.140.1!pv
Ps.141.2=Ps.140.1!v
Ps.141.3-Ps.141.8=Ps.142.2-Ps.142.7

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.142.0-Ps.142.12=Ps.143.0-Ps.143.12

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.143.0-Ps.143.15=Ps.144.0-Ps.144.15

# Has canonical title in KJV; Wholly in verse 1
Ps.144.0-Ps.144.21=Ps.145.0-Ps.145.21

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.145.0-Ps.145.10=Ps.146.0-Ps.146.10

# No canonical title in KJV
Ps.146.0-Ps.146.11=Ps.147.0-Ps.147.11

# Splitting chapter. Returning to no chapter shift
Ps.147.0=Ps.147.12
Ps.147.1-Ps.147.9=Ps.147.12-Ps.147.20

# Chapter boundary off by one
Eccl.4.17=Eccl.5.0
Eccl.4.17=Eccl.5.1
Eccl.5.0=Eccl.5.2
Eccl.5.1-Eccl.5.19=Eccl.5.2-Eccl.5.20

# KJV splits verse 1 from other versification into 1 and 2
Song.1.1!a=Song.1.1
Song.1.1!b-Song.1.16=Song.1.2-Song.1.17

# Chapter boundary off by one
Song.5.17=Song.6.0
Song.5.17=Song.6.1
Song.6.0=Song.6.2
Song.6.1-Song.6.11=Song.6.2-Song.6.12

# KJV's verse is split in two across chapter boundary
# and merged into following verse
Song.6.12=Song.6.13!a
Song.7.0=Song.6.13!b
Song.7.1=Song.6.13!b
Song.7.1=Song.7.0
Song.7.1=Song.7.1

# 2 verses from KJV merged into one
Ezek.2.9=Ezek.2.9
Ezek.2.9=Ezek.2.10

Dan.3.24-Dan.3.90=?Deuterocanonical
Dan.3.91-Dan.3.97=Dan.3.24-Dan.3.30
Dan.3.98=Dan.4.0
Dan.3.98-Dan.3.100=Dan.4.1-Dan.4.3
Dan.4.1-Dan.4.34=Dan.4.4-Dan.4.37

# KJV's verse is split in two
Hos.2.23=Hos.2.23!a
Hos.2.24=Hos.2.23!b

# 2 verses from KJV merged into one
Mic.5.11=Mic.5.11
Mic.5.11=Mic.5.12
Mic.5.12-Mic.5.14=Mic.5.13-Mic.5.15

On Aug 26, 2015, at 5:32 PM, Konstantin Maslyuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just looked at.

If your v11ns will be approved, what about to add mappings to KJVA so one would use them in parallel views in frontends?

Blessings.

Re: French versification schemes

Dominique Corbex
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:46:07 -0500
DM Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In anticipation of these versifications being added to SWORD lib, I’ve added them to JSword. If these are not current, I’ll update them with whatever is checked into SWORD

They are current, only a few changes to comments were made in canon_calvin.h

In Christ,
--
domcox <[hidden email]>

Re: French versification schemes

Dominique Corbex
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 10:04:47 -0500
DM Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ll be adding such mappings to JSword. I’ll do my best to comment them well so that they can be used as a basis for the SWORD mappings.

I've started to work on mappings, I identified 1487 verses to be remapped from canon_segond.h to KJV. Based on the Vulgate example, I may write the mapping for JSword, I have yet to figure out how to do it for Sword:)

--
domcox <[hidden email]>

#1. Martin 1707 (canon Calvin):

#2. Darby 1975 (canon DarbyFR)

#3. Segond 1910 (canon Segond)
osis2mod reports Mark.10.53 as a supplemental verse. Depending of the revision of the Segond 1910, Mark.10.52 is divided in 2 verses or not, it is here. Emptyvss reports 4 empty verses from 2Tim.3.14 to 2.Tim.3.17, certainly a glitch in the digitization process, the 4 verses, although present in the printed Bible, are not in the source file.

--Dominique

domcox [hidden email]

Aloha,
Kahunapule Michael Johnson

MICHAEL JOHNSON
PO BOX 881143
PUKALANI HI 96788-1143

USA
eBible.org
MLJohnson.org
Mobile: +1 <a href="tel:808-333-6921" value="+18083336921" target="_blank">808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule

Re: French versification schemes

Dominique Corbex
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 21:02:05 +0100
Dominique Corbex <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I identified 1487 verses to be remapped from canon_segond.h to KJV. Based on the Vulgate example, I may write the mapping for JSword

Please, find attached the mappings for Jsword, from canon_segond.h to KJV.

--
domcox <[hidden email]>

mapping_segond.properties (10K) Download Attachment

Re: French versification schemes

DM Smith-5
Thank you so much! I’ve checked these into JSword.

In Him,
        DM Smith

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 5:38 PM, Dominique Corbex <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 21:02:05 +0100
> Dominique Corbex <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I identified 1487 verses to be remapped from canon_segond.h to KJV. Based on the Vulgate example, I may write the mapping for JSword
>
> Please, find attached the mappings for Jsword, from canon_segond.h to KJV.
>
> --
> domcox <[hidden email]>
> <mapping_segond.properties>_______________________________________________

Re: French versification schemes

Dominique Corbex
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:02:27 -0400
DM Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you so much! I’ve checked these into JSword.

You're welcome, please find attached the two other mappings.

In Christ,
--
domcox <[hidden email]>

mapping_calvin.properties (9K) Download Attachment
mapping_darbyfr.properties (2K) Download Attachment

Re: French versification schemes

Troy A. Griffitts
3 new v11n schemes applied.  Dominique, thank you!
Peter, thank you for the consolidated and reviewed patch.
Konstantin, great suggestion.  Thank you for the mapping framework!
Any chance Dominique or Konstantin might have time to submit sword mappings as well?

It would be nice if we settled on a single mapping description format or at least a conversion tool between the formats.

Any thoughts?

Troy

DM Smith [hidden email] wrote:

In anticipation of these versifications being added to SWORD lib, I’ve added them to JSword. If these are not current, I’ll update them with whatever is checked into SWORD
They are current, only a few changes to comments were made in canon_calvin.h

In Christ,

Re: French versification schemes

Костя Маслюк
Hi all.

To start with mappings we need at least text file with description of mappings to KJVA in free form.

At http://crosswire.org/~kalemas/work/v11nmapping there are examples I could easily convert to portion of C code for cannon. Bible.Synodal.xml is surely suitable.

Format is not important for me, my concern is that my work is not documented and not versioned by git/svn. Lets agree on some thing and make it suitable to reuse.

Blessings.

Re: French versification schemes

Костя Маслюк
Did not noticed mappings already made for JSword, i have to find time to write a conversion tool for Sword canon format.

It is still important to place all we have for av11n schemes and mappings in one place.

Hi all.

To start with mappings we need at least text file with description of mappings to KJVA in free form.

At http://crosswire.org/~kalemas/work/v11nmapping there are examples I could easily convert to portion of C code for cannon. Bible.Synodal.xml is surely suitable.

Format is not important for me, my concern is that my work is not documented and not versioned by git/svn. Lets agree on some thing and make it suitable to reuse.

Blessings.

Re: French versification schemes

Dominique Corbex
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:45:00 +0300
Костя Маслюк <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is still important to place all we have for av11n schemes and mappings
> in one place.

I agree..

> > At http://crosswire.org/~kalemas/work/v11nmapping there are examples

I'd like to submit sword mappings to these French versification schemes
before the next release of Sword.

So, I just need to write 3 Bible xml files with all the <OsisIDs>
related to these schemes and the mappings <refMap> at the end, and run:
$ python refMap2cpp.py Bible.<versification>.xml

and then add the resulting code to the associated .h file.

Am I right?

In Christ
--
domcox <[hidden email]>

Re: French versification schemes

Troy A. Griffitts
Thanks for bringing this up Dominique. Костя, what do we need to move
forward into this next release?

I also, with you, would like to have one common format shared with
JSword to store our mappings.  Do you have any comments about their
format?  Is it something we should simply adopt and write a generator
utility to our .h mappings? Does JSword's format include anything we
don't support? or vice versa?

Troy

On 10/02/2016 09:08 AM, Dominique Corbex wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:45:00 +0300
> Костя Маслюк <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It is still important to place all we have for av11n schemes and mappings
>> in one place.
> I agree..
>
>>> At http://crosswire.org/~kalemas/work/v11nmapping there are examples
> I'd like to submit sword mappings to these French versification schemes
> before the next release of Sword.
>
> So, I just need to write 3 Bible xml files with all the <OsisIDs>
> related to these schemes and the mappings <refMap> at the end, and run:
> $ python refMap2cpp.py Bible.<versification>.xml
>
> and then add the resulting code to the associated .h file.
>
> Am I right?
>
> In Christ

Re: French versification schemes

Костя Маслюк
Dominique, you got it correctly. Prepare *.xml, convert it into cpp code with supplied python utility, you also have to insert code into cannon definition and add mappings data to versification registration.

I do not know, are you familiar with programming, so feel free to ask here or privately, or even send me prepared *.xml files so I will find time to integrate your work and send you back for testing.

Notice that you have to expand ranges to have entry for each verse, and probably, I m not sure, omit sub verse ids (pv, a,b, ...) for refMap2cpp to work.

Both cases are omissions and have to be fixed. And that are differences between JSword format and format I used. Implementation do not support sub verses anyway.

But initially I was about whole versification scheme format. If mappings data is generated separately this brings inconvenience. And not sure that it is convenient now to define scheme in cpp syntax.

I like osisId-s (something settle for me) and XML (for extensibility), so why not to make cannon generator from OSIS sources or something like that?

Blessings.

Thanks for bringing this up Dominique. Костя, what do we need to move
forward into this next release?

I also, with you, would like to have one common format shared with
JSword to store our mappings.  Do you have any comments about their
format?  Is it something we should simply adopt and write a generator
utility to our .h mappings? Does JSword's format include anything we
don't support? or vice versa?

Troy

On 10/02/2016 09:08 AM, Dominique Corbex wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:45:00 +0300
> Костя Маслюк <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It is still important to place all we have for av11n schemes and mappings
>> in one place.
> I agree..
>
>>> At http://crosswire.org/~kalemas/work/v11nmapping there are examples
> I'd like to submit sword mappings to these French versification schemes
> before the next release of Sword.
>
> So, I just need to write 3 Bible xml files with all the <OsisIDs>
> related to these schemes and the mappings <refMap> at the end, and run:
> $ python refMap2cpp.py Bible.<versification>.xml
>
> and then add the resulting code to the associated .h file.
>
> Am I right?
>
> In Christ

Re: French versification schemes

Peter von Kaehne
I have submitted quite some agfes ago a patch for the complete work. I am using it at home for now the better part of a year.

Peter

Thanks for bringing this up Dominique. Костя, what do we need to move
forward into this next release?

I also, with you, would like to have one common format shared with
JSword to store our mappings.  Do you have any comments about their
format?  Is it something we should simply adopt and write a generator
utility to our .h mappings? Does JSword's format include anything we
don't support? or vice versa?

Troy

On 10/02/2016 09:08 AM, Dominique Corbex wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 01:45:00 +0300
> Костя Маслюк <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It is still important to place all we have for av11n schemes and mappings
>> in one place.
> I agree..
>
>>> At http://crosswire.org/~kalemas/work/v11nmapping there are examples
> I'd like to submit sword mappings to these French versification schemes
> before the next release of Sword.
>
> So, I just need to write 3 Bible xml files with all the <OsisIDs>
> related to these schemes and the mappings <refMap> at the end, and run:
> $ python refMap2cpp.py Bible.<versification>.xml
>
> and then add the resulting code to the associated .h file.
>
> Am I right?
>
> In Christ

12