Quantcast

Engine release/update

Peter Von Kaehne
Dear all,

Periodically we have fits of email activity re engine releases - but
nothing happens.

Can I ask for two distinct steps please asap?

A maintenance release (1.7.6) which pulls in all the many filter
improvements, bug squashes etc etc which have happened in the last
months and years. Greg, please?

A determined decision what is stopping is from releasing 1.8.0 or
whatever we want to call it - and an attempt to fix that?

Thanks

Peter

Re: Engine release/update

Greg Hellings

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Peter von Kaehne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

Periodically we have fits of email activity re engine releases - but
nothing happens.

Can I ask for two distinct steps please asap?

A maintenance release (1.7.6) which pulls in all the many filter
improvements, bug squashes etc etc which have happened in the last
months and years. Greg, please?

Somewhere along the line, the release-1-7-x branch was corrupted with new and partially completed features. AFAIK it still builds and runs, but it's no longer viable as a bugfix-only branch. Thus, I have avoided releasing it as such. I also lack any ability to track down the source of the corruption and resolve it, as we are still on SVN.

I can make a release, but the last time I looked, it would violate any semblance of bugfix/maintenance and would be a partially implmented 1.7-1.8 bridge that definitely held defunct code.

--Greg

Re: Engine release/update

David Haslam
.... And who is sufficient for these things?

Re: Engine release/update

Matěj Cepl-2
On 2017-04-24, 08:13 GMT, Greg Hellings wrote:
> I also lack any ability to track down the source of the
> corruption and resolve it, as we are still on SVN.

Are we talking about git-bisect? You don’t have to have *the
canonical* repository in git to use it for tracking down
regressions, do you? I see
https://github.com/greg-hellings/sword so why you cannot do it
there?

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: [hidden email]
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Of course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings,
and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.
      --John Huston in "Chinatown."