ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors in [Matt 18:10][Matt 18:15][Matt 20:1] - Xiphos and Bibletime both show this error

ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors in [Matt 18:10][Matt 18:15][Matt 20:1] - Xiphos and Bibletime both show this error

Andrew T.
I've tested this in both Xiphos and Bibletime and the 'Red Letters' of
Jesus' words appears black, not read in [Matt 18:10] and [Matt 18:15].
 There may be more instances (such as [Matt 20:1]), but these are the
three I've found.

In [Matt 18:10] Jesus' words follow an inter-verse title.  He says
"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you
that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in
heaven" yet his words are not 'RED' in Xiphos or Bibletime.

In [Matt 18:15] Jesus' words again follow an inter-verse title.  He
says "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault,
between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your
brother" yet again his words are not 'RED' in Xiphos or Bibletime.

[Matt 20:1] seems the same.

Is this a problem with the module, a bug in both Xiphos and Bibletime
or perhaps libSword?

~A

Re: ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors in [Matt 18:10][Matt 18:15][Matt 20:1] - Xiphos and Bibletime both show this error

David Haslam
These verses display correctly as red text in both xulsword and in Bible Desktop.

Even in xiphos.exe 3.1.5-webkit (Windows) these display correctly, with or without headings shown.

Re: ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors in [Matt 18:10][Matt 18:15][Matt 20:1] - Xiphos and Bibletime both show this error

Andrew T.
Yes, I just tested in Windows, and it works for me in windows, but not in Linux.  The difference being that I'm running the stock package in Windows, but compiling from source in Linux, Bibletime, Xiphos, and Sword.

Sounding like it is my (Linux) install only. :(

~A

On Thursday, August 16, 2012, David Haslam wrote:
These verses display correctly as red text in both *xulsword* and in *Bible
Desktop*.

Even in *xiphos.exe 3.1.5-webkit* (Windows) these display correctly, with or
without headings shown.

Re: ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors in [Matt 18:10][Matt 18:15][Matt 20:1] - Xiphos and Bibletime both show this error

Brian J Dumont
It's working fine for me on Linux Mint 13.  I am right now still using
the stock 3.1.5 on the Mint repos.

I already mentioned Xiphos, and I didn't look at BibleTime.

Re: ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors

Karl Kleinpaste-2
It's a (recent) sword problem.

I concur that in Xiphos 3.1.5-win32, all the red letters look fine.
That's with a stock libsword as of when 3.1.5 was released (though
current SVN then, as built by Greg).  But on my usual Linux systems, the
breakage is seen.  (FYI, also Matt 25:1,14,31.)  There, sword is -r2715.

I happen to have an old -r2679 tree lying around.  So I rebuilt that,
installed it...and now my Linux Xiphos doesn't show the problem.

Somewhere between 2679 and 2715, this was broken in Sword.

Re: ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors

Karl Kleinpaste-2
By the way, the bug I reported below in March also has yet to be addressed.

http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2012-March/037501.html

Re: ESV: Red Letter Edition Errors

Andrew T.
Look at [Psa 116:1-2], [Psa 118:1-2] in r2715 against earlier stock versions.

Perhaps there are other tags not being honoured.
~A