Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Cyrille
Hi,
Working with Catholic bibles I realized that there were some errors in
the versifications currently proposed.
I found for all those in which I could verify the following errors:
Ps 101 8 verses, not 9
Job 25 6 verses not 14
Job 27 23  verses not 24
CT 4 16  verses not 17
Zach 4 14 verses not 16
These proposed corrections, moreover, correspond to th canon.h file

I don't if I need to open an new issue on github or no?
Best regards, Br Cyrille

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

David Haslam
Please clarify what the book abbreviation "CT" denotes. Thanks.

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Cyrille
Oh Yes! I wrote it in French, it's song of Solomon.

Le 05/06/2017 à 09:27, David Haslam a écrit :

> Please clarify what the book abbreviation "CT" denotes. Thanks.
>
> David

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Greg Hellings

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 3:18 AM, Cyrille <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Working with Catholic bibles I realized that there were some errors in
the versifications currently proposed.
I found for all those in which I could verify the following errors:
Ps 101 8 verses, not 9
Job 25 6 verses not 14
Job 27 23  verses not 24
CT 4 16  verses not 17
Zach 4 14 verses not 16
These proposed corrections, moreover, correspond to th canon.h file

I don't if I need to open an new issue on github or no?
Best regards, Br Cyrille

Github won't do you much good, since our project steadfastly clings to self-hosted Subversion. If you're going to file a bug it would be on the CrossWire JIRA instance.

--Greg

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Catholic & Catholic2 versifications were released with SWORD 1.6.2 almost 7 years ago!

See https://crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification
and https://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Sword_library_versions

Any change at this stage would entail consequences for some existing modules.
Exactly how many (and which) modules is something yet to be determined.

Such modules would require to be rebuilt after the future release of any SWORD version that might adopt the proposed changes.

Difficulties would arise with these modules as long as front-ends were not also updated.

Best regards,

Le 05/06/2017 à 20:09, David Haslam a écrit :
> *Catholic* & *Catholic2* versifications were released with *SWORD 1.6.2*
> almost 7 years ago!
>
> See https://crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification
> and https://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Sword_library_versions
>
> Any change at this stage would entail consequences for some existing
> modules.
> Exactly how many (and which) modules is something yet to be determined.
I think not a lot... Because of copyright. But I'm not sure it will
cause a  lot of problem because, this verses issues are extra verses,
that are not present in the existing modules. It would be different if
the proposed changes led to an addition of verse. Which is not the case.
I think that at the time of the writing of the versification files,
there were small errors, and as there is not much Catholic module nobody
had yet really felt their relevance.
I would like to add that the proposed changes correspond to the
protestant versification.

Best regard,
Fr Cyrille

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

DM Smith-5
If an existing v11n changes, all modules released by it will have to be re-released with the update and all front-ends will have to be recompiled with it. JSword will need to change too and front-ends based upon it, also.

The reason is simple the index file for a testament is an indexed array with each verse in the v11n having a predetermined index.

If no modules have been released with it, it is a fairly safe change. The risk are older front-ends with the wrong tables.

Issuing a v2 (simply another v11n with a new name) and deprecating the older probably is a safer change.

In Him,
        DM

> On Jun 6, 2017, at 8:11 AM, Cyrille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Le 05/06/2017 à 20:09, David Haslam a écrit :
>> *Catholic* & *Catholic2* versifications were released with *SWORD 1.6.2*
>> almost 7 years ago!
>>
>> See https://crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification
>> and https://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Sword_library_versions
>>
>> Any change at this stage would entail consequences for some existing
>> modules.
>> Exactly how many (and which) modules is something yet to be determined.
> I think not a lot... Because of copyright. But I'm not sure it will
> cause a  lot of problem because, this verses issues are extra verses,
> that are not present in the existing modules. It would be different if
> the proposed changes led to an addition of verse. Which is not the case.
> I think that at the time of the writing of the versification files,
> there were small errors, and as there is not much Catholic module nobody
> had yet really felt their relevance.
> I would like to add that the proposed changes correspond to the
> protestant versification.
>
> Best regard,
> Fr Cyrille

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Cyrille
Hi,
What the solution proposed? Is it possible to know exactly how modules
are compiled with the Catholic and Catholic2? I'm interesting to know it...

Le 06/06/2017 à 14:50, DM Smith a écrit :
> If an existing v11n changes, all modules released by it will have to be re-released with the update and all front-ends will have to be recompiled with it. JSword will need to change too and front-ends based upon it, also.
>
> The reason is simple the index file for a testament is an indexed array with each verse in the v11n having a predetermined index.
>
> If no modules have been released with it, it is a fairly safe change. The risk are older front-ends with the wrong tables.
>
> Issuing a v2 (simply another v11n with a new name) and deprecating the older probably is a safer change.
>
> In Him,

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

DM Smith-5
On the CrossWire server the following are in the main repository:
konnym.conf:Versification=Catholic2
porcap.conf:Versification=Catholic
slostritar.conf:Versification=Catholic

Checking the download stats for these. Will get back with the results.

In Him,
DM

On Jun 9, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Cyrille <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Not a lot! And Konnym doesn't have (not yet) the Old Testament. I manage it...
Then if you prefer to write a new v11n, I can do it. But what name to give it? And I would to write 2 v11n, one for esther 10 and one for Esther 16.
A name can be CatholicEs10, and CatholicEs16?

Le 09/06/2017 à 15:46, DM Smith a écrit :
[...]

I’d like to have Troy and Peter’s guidance on this. It is both a software and a module management issue. Back in the day, we knew this was likely to happen.

I’m still gathering stats. It is a slow process. I think it should help inform a decision. The upshot is that there are thousands of downloads of these three modules since they have been introduced. Some are more popular than others. Details to follow.

The question is how to go forward. One way is to break backward compatibility. The other is to try to create a reasonable migration path. (Which is what I recommend.)

From an engineering perspective, we can have any number of versifications in the engine and they can have any name. However, we’ve been reluctant to add versifications, especially if they are one offs. So far versification names are a blend of A-Za-z0-9, I don’t know if there are other restrictions. It seems to follow C variable naming restrictions.

Things to consider when updating a module’s conf.
MinimumVersion. When we add a new versification, it is tied to a particular release. This means that new module potentially won’t be available until the SWORD engine is released (any day now….) and the front-end is updated.

Obsoletes. For a module to obsolete another, it needs a different [Name] and have Obsoletes. It probably should have a different Description (old JSword bug, long since fixed, doesn’t like it when two modules have the same Description).

Versification. It should give the appropriate v11n.

DM

On Jun 9, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Cyrille <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Here are the stats for as far back as we have them. Total by module broken out by “agent” and then by country. Other (SWORD) is the installmgr that doesn’t further identify itself like xiphos and PocketSword do. FTP & HTTP - Direct downloads are all downloads that are not identified as one of the others.

Given the high number of times that PorCap has been downloaded, I think we need to try to maintain backward compatibility.

[dmsmith@www bin]$ ./moduleStats.pl -name KonNYM,PorCap,SloStritar -start 1900-01-01 -end now
16085 PorCap
By agent
8441 AndBible (JSword)
3688 Portugal
3393 Brazil
466 Mozambique
194 Angola
96 Cape Verde
65 United States
50 Germany
47 Italy
39 Spain
37 France
32 Philippines
25 South Africa
25 United Kingdom
19 Switzerland
18 Netherlands
16 Mexico
11 Guinea-Bissau
11 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
9 Czech Republic
9 Timor-Leste
8 Europe
8 Poland
8 Egypt
8 Lithuania
8 Sao Tome and Principe
7 United Arab Emirates
6 Trinidad and Tobago
6 China
6 Indonesia
6 India
5 Asia/Pacific Region
5 Namibia
4 Sweden
4 Korea, Republic of
4 Argentina
4 Russian Federation
4 Vietnam
4 Romania
4 Greece
4 Belgium
4 Venezuela
3 Peru
3 Nigeria
3 Qatar
3 Turkey
3 Paraguay
3 Israel
3 Madagascar
3 Canada
3 Austria
3 Andorra
2 Uruguay
2 Guatemala
2 Dominican Republic
2 Japan
2 Ecuador
2 Algeria
2 Kenya
2 Taiwan
2 Singapore
2 Cote D'Ivoire
2 French Guiana
1 Benin
1 Hungary
1 Zambia
1 Hong Kong
1 Guinea
1 Holy See (Vatican City State)
1 Serbia
1 Morocco
1 Bolivia
1 Australia
1 Macau
1 Cyprus
1 Thailand
1 Luxembourg
1 Ukraine
1 Chile
1 Colombia
1 Haiti
1 Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 Malaysia
1 Denmark
1 Senegal
3290 Other (SWORD)
1799 Brazil
500 United States
165 Portugal
74 Germany
61 Italy
44 Mexico
40 Canada
37 United Kingdom
34 Mozambique
22 Sweden
22 Japan
21 Netherlands
20 Russian Federation
18 Korea, Republic of
18 France
17 South Africa
16 Ukraine
15 Angola
15 Poland
15 Spain
13 Australia
13 Switzerland
13 Finland
13 Venezuela
11 Czech Republic
11 Dominican Republic
10 Guatemala
10 Ecuador
10 Philippines
10 Belgium
10 Chile
10 Colombia
9 Hungary
9 Argentina
9 New Zealand
8 Indonesia
8 Ireland
8 Ghana
7 Romania
6 Austria
5 Honduras
5 Madagascar
5 Cameroon
4 Uruguay
4 Zambia
4 Ethiopia
4 Peru
4 Tunisia
4 Mauritius
4 Paraguay
4 El Salvador
4 Kenya
4 Bulgaria
4 Zimbabwe
3 Hong Kong
3 Nigeria
3 Croatia
3 India
3 Bolivia
3 Norway
3 Luxembourg
3 Cape Verde
2 Guadeloupe
2 Qatar
2 Serbia
2 Slovakia
2 Moldova, Republic of
2 Israel
2 Egypt
2 Thailand
2 Belarus
2 Cote D'Ivoire
2 Kazakhstan
2 Greece
2 Uganda
2 Tanzania, United Republic of
2 Costa Rica
1 Puerto Rico
1 Nepal
1 Trinidad and Tobago
1 Guinea
1 Guyana
1 Congo
1 Estonia
1 Armenia
1 Oman
1 Nicaragua
1 Faroe Islands
1 Slovenia
1 Gabon
1 Taiwan
1 Macedonia
1 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
1 Lithuania
1 Singapore
1 Vietnam
1 Timor-Leste
1 Malaysia
1 Cambodia
1 New Caledonia
1 Denmark
1 Senegal
1 Rwanda
1490 Xiphos (SWORD)
1027 Brazil
249 Portugal
77 United States
14 Germany
11 Tunisia
9 France
9 Spain
7 United Kingdom
6 Canada
6 South Africa
6 Italy
5 Romania
5 Poland
4 Mozambique
4 Philippines
3 Norway
3 Angola
3 Finland
3 Ireland
3 Mexico
2 Bolivia
2 Uruguay
2 Sweden
2 Argentina
2 Cape Verde
2 Netherlands
2 Venezuela
2 Albania
1 Australia
1 Russian Federation
1 Switzerland
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Azerbaijan
1 China
1 Indonesia
1 Austria
1 Cameroon
1 Greece
1 Turkey
1 Zimbabwe
1 Ghana
1 Belgium
1 Sao Tome and Principe
1 Chile
1 Japan
1 Moldova, Republic of
1 Israel
1 Denmark
1205 PocketSword (SWORD)
861 Portugal
175 Brazil
35 United States
20 Philippines
10 Italy
9 Switzerland
9 United Kingdom
9 Angola
9 Germany
7 Israel
7 Spain
6 Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 Canada
4 Mozambique
3 Australia
3 Japan
3 France
3 Poland
2 Macau
2 China
2 South Africa
2 Belgium
2 Sao Tome and Principe
2 Mexico
1 Bolivia
1 Sweden
1 Zambia
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Norway
1 United Arab Emirates
1 Guatemala
1 Singapore
1 Peru
1 Finland
1 Czech Republic
1 Cape Verde
1 Turkey
1 Netherlands
1 Namibia
1034 HTTP - Direct download
629 Brazil
102 Portugal
48 United States
47 Germany
19 Korea, Republic of
17 United Kingdom
15 Philippines
9 Japan
8 Argentina
8 Sao Tome and Principe
8 Mexico
7 Italy
6 Canada
6 Mozambique
6 Israel
6 Panama
6 Spain
5 Angola
5 France
5 India
4 China
4 Finland
4 Venezuela
4 Poland
3 Hungary
3 South Africa
3 Indonesia
3 Tunisia
2 Bolivia
2 Europe
2 Switzerland
2 United Arab Emirates
2 Nigeria
2 Czech Republic
2 Colombia
2 Netherlands
2 Costa Rica
2 Ecuador
2 Jamaica
2 Senegal
1 Uruguay
1 N/A
1 Taiwan
1 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
1 Macau
1 Ethiopia
1 Bermuda
1 Singapore
1 Peru
1 Asia/Pacific Region
1 Romania
1 Austria
1 Cameroon
1 Nicaragua
1 Greece
1 Turkey
1 Ghana
1 Paraguay
1 Malaysia
1 Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
277 Other (JSword)
217 Brazil
26 United States
6 Portugal
5 Angola
4 Germany
2 Australia
2 Philippines
2 Mexico
1 Bolivia
1 Italy
1 Macedonia
1 Russian Federation
1 Belgium
1 United Kingdom
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Guyana
1 Japan
1 South Africa
1 Indonesia
1 Peru
1 Martinique
251 Search engine
130 United States
93 China
13 Germany
7 Korea, Republic of
4 France
3 Denmark
1 Latvia
97 FTP - Direct download
39 United States
9 Brazil
8 Portugal
6 France
6 Ukraine
5 United Kingdom
3 Germany
3 Korea, Republic of
3 Thailand
3 Guatemala
2 Italy
2 Russian Federation
2 Mexico
1 Australia
1 Chile
1 Colombia
1 South Africa
1 Israel
1 Czech Republic
============

1427 SloStritar
By agent
799 Other (SWORD)
257 United States
105 Brazil
53 Netherlands
37 Germany
26 Canada
24 Italy
15 Sweden
15 Mexico
14 Japan
14 United Kingdom
12 Czech Republic
12 France
11 Poland
11 Russian Federation
10 South Africa
9 Ukraine
9 Finland
8 Australia
7 Korea, Republic of
7 Dominican Republic
7 Austria
6 Ghana
6 Slovenia
6 Belgium
5 Ecuador
5 Switzerland
5 New Zealand
5 Venezuela
4 Portugal
4 Nigeria
4 Croatia
4 Spain
4 Colombia
3 Hungary
3 Guatemala
3 Serbia
3 Kenya
3 Bulgaria
3 Belarus
3 Cameroon
3 Chile
2 Ethiopia
2 Armenia
2 Argentina
2 Mauritius
2 El Salvador
2 India
2 Romania
2 Greece
2 Cape Verde
2 Philippines
2 Tanzania, United Republic of
2 Zimbabwe
2 Haiti
1 Zambia
1 Nepal
1 Hong Kong
1 Guyana
1 Congo
1 Indonesia
1 Peru
1 Saudi Arabia
1 Oman
1 Ireland
1 Qatar
1 Tunisia
1 Malawi
1 Moldova, Republic of
1 Israel
1 Taiwan
1 Macedonia
1 Micronesia, Federated States of
1 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
1 Norway
1 Thailand
1 Singapore
1 Vietnam
1 Cote D'Ivoire
1 Uganda
1 Costa Rica
1 Kuwait
1 Senegal
196 AndBible (JSword)
81 Slovenia
32 Czech Republic
11 United Kingdom
11 Slovakia
7 Germany
7 Switzerland
6 United States
6 Ukraine
5 Austria
4 Poland
3 Russian Federation
3 Ireland
2 Egypt
2 Philippines
2 Croatia
2 Vietnam
1 Serbia
1 Trinidad and Tobago
1 Belgium
1 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
1 Bulgaria
1 Canada
1 China
1 Brazil
1 Netherlands
1 India
1 Spain
1 Greece
160 Search engine
104 China
50 United States
2 Germany
2 Korea, Republic of
1 France
1 Denmark
95 HTTP - Direct download
19 Slovenia
17 United Kingdom
10 Germany
6 United States
5 Korea, Republic of
5 Israel
3 Sweden
2 Hungary
2 Canada
2 Ecuador
2 Slovakia
2 Jamaica
2 Poland
2 Austria
2 Spain
1 Italy
1 Trinidad and Tobago
1 Tunisia
1 Mexico
1 China
1 Brazil
1 Ethiopia
1 South Africa
1 Croatia
1 Malaysia
1 Ukraine
1 Finland
1 India
1 Cameroon
71 FTP - Direct download
34 United States
4 Germany
4 United Kingdom
4 Ukraine
3 Russian Federation
3 Thailand
3 France
2 Australia
2 Switzerland
2 Guatemala
2 Finland
1 Italy
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Colombia
1 Japan
1 Poland
1 Slovenia
1 Romania
1 Portugal
71 Xiphos (SWORD)
15 United States
13 Slovenia
6 United Kingdom
4 Tunisia
4 Brazil
4 Poland
4 Czech Republic
3 Germany
2 Switzerland
2 France
2 South Africa
2 Finland
1 Australia
1 Sweden
1 Hungary
1 New Zealand
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Faroe Islands
1 Ukraine
1 Romania
1 Denmark
1 Spain
21 Other (JSword)
13 United States
1 Australia
1 Indonesia
1 Croatia
1 United Kingdom
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Mexico
1 Slovenia
1 Brazil
14 PocketSword (SWORD)
6 United States
3 United Kingdom
1 Slovenia
1 Israel
1 Germany
1 Croatia
1 Austria
============

919 KonNYM
By agent
557 Other (SWORD)
204 United States
68 Brazil
25 Germany
20 Canada
18 Italy
14 United Kingdom
13 Japan
10 South Africa
9 Mexico
9 France
8 Sweden
8 Russian Federation
8 Ukraine
7 Czech Republic
7 Poland
6 Venezuela
5 Korea, Republic of
5 Portugal
5 Dominican Republic
5 Netherlands
5 Australia
5 New Zealand
4 Hungary
4 Ethiopia
4 Ecuador
4 Spain
4 Switzerland
4 Finland
4 Austria
4 Belgium
4 Colombia
3 Belarus
3 Tanzania, United Republic of
3 Chile
2 Guatemala
2 Nigeria
2 Moldova, Republic of
2 Croatia
2 India
2 Taiwan
2 Romania
2 Cameroon
2 Senegal
1 Zambia
1 Hong Kong
1 China
1 Guyana
1 Congo
1 Indonesia
1 Peru
1 Armenia
1 Saudi Arabia
1 Oman
1 Ghana
1 Serbia
1 Tunisia
1 Malawi
1 Mauritius
1 El Salvador
1 Kenya
1 Bulgaria
1 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
1 Macau
1 Norway
1 Thailand
1 Singapore
1 Cote D'Ivoire
1 Kazakhstan
1 Greece
1 Cape Verde
1 Uganda
1 Philippines
1 Zimbabwe
123 Search engine
80 China
37 United States
3 Korea, Republic of
2 Germany
1 France
72 HTTP - Direct download
15 United Kingdom
11 Korea, Republic of
8 Germany
7 United States
5 Israel
5 Spain
3 Poland
2 Canada
2 Brazil
2 Malaysia
1 Benin
1 Philippines
1 Sweden
1 Tunisia
1 Ethiopia
1 Ecuador
1 South Africa
1 Cambodia
1 Finland
1 India
1 Austria
1 Cameroon
51 AndBible (JSword)
11 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
7 Switzerland
5 Angola
3 Germany
3 United Kingdom
2 Zimbabwe
2 United States
2 Colombia
2 Brazil
2 Congo
2 Cote D'Ivoire
2 Rwanda
1 Benin
1 Tanzania, United Republic of
1 Ghana
1 Israel
1 India
1 Togo
1 Namibia
1 Greece
49 Xiphos (SWORD)
15 United States
4 Germany
4 Tunisia
4 Brazil
3 Poland
2 Australia
2 Korea, Republic of
2 Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
2 South Africa
2 Finland
1 Switzerland
1 United Kingdom
1 New Zealand
1 Canada
1 Japan
1 France
1 Ireland
1 Romania
1 Denmark
44 FTP - Direct download
24 United States
3 France
3 United Kingdom
3 Thailand
2 Australia
2 Guatemala
2 Switzerland
2 Korea, Republic of
1 Finland
1 Portugal
1 Spain
14 Other (JSword)
9 United States
2 United Kingdom
1 Brazil
1 Korea, Republic of
1 Mexico
9 PocketSword (SWORD)
2 United Kingdom
2 Kenya
1 Germany
1 United States
1 Ireland
1 Namibia
1 Netherlands
============

On Jun 9, 2017, at 1:33 PM, DM Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’d like to have Troy and Peter’s guidance on this. It is both a software and a module management issue. Back in the day, we knew this was likely to happen.

I’m still gathering stats. It is a slow process. I think it should help inform a decision. The upshot is that there are thousands of downloads of these three modules since they have been introduced. Some are more popular than others. Details to follow.

The question is how to go forward. One way is to break backward compatibility. The other is to try to create a reasonable migration path. (Which is what I recommend.)

From an engineering perspective, we can have any number of versifications in the engine and they can have any name. However, we’ve been reluctant to add versifications, especially if they are one offs. So far versification names are a blend of A-Za-z0-9, I don’t know if there are other restrictions. It seems to follow C variable naming restrictions.

[...]

I'm very happy to discover how many people use KonNYM!!
I'm working on a new version with notes. And we are translating the old testament...

Le 09/06/2017 à 19:36, DM Smith a écrit :
[...]

From an engineering perspective, we can have any number of versifications in the engine and they can have any name. However, we’ve been reluctant to add versifications, especially if they are one offs. So far versification names are a blend of A-Za-z0-9, I don’t know if there are other restrictions. It seems to follow C variable naming restrictions.

[...]

I wrote a new v11n, named catholic_lit, (catholic liturgical) see the
attached file. This versification follows the neo-vulgate and is used
for the liturgical translation almost in French. I used the 10 chapter
for Esther, but I have a question, what to do with the alternate verses
numbered (1a,1b,1c,1d...)? May I add it as numbers and increase the
number of verses per chapter? Ralph's use also the 1a, 1b, 1c for the
LXX edition.

canon_catholic_lit.h (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Troy A. Griffitts

Dear Br. Cyrille,

The SWORD engine will accept verse references with a single letter suffix,e.g., Esther 5:1b.  The engine does nothing more than to resolve this to Esther 5:1.  So, while not perfect, a Bible can include 1a, 1b, 1c all in verse 1 with formatted how the edition wishes, e.g., a note in the text "b." "c." d." and if the user specifies 1c, they will still be taken to generally the right place.  I hope this gives some idea how the SWORD C++ engine attempts to partially facilitate verse suffixes.

Troy

On 07/07/2017 06:42 PM, Cyrille wrote:
I wrote a new v11n, named catholic_lit, (catholic liturgical) see the
attached file. This versification follows the neo-vulgate and is used
for the liturgical translation almost in French. I used the 10 chapter
for Esther, but I have a question, what to do with the alternate verses
numbered (1a,1b,1c,1d...)? May I add it as numbers and increase the
number of verses per chapter? Ralph's use also the 1a, 1b, 1c for the
LXX edition.

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Cyrille
Ok, I test with:
\v 1a test pour voir
\v 1b test pour voir encore
In the osis file it is well:
ta tuba sambu na nkâka na beto Abra­ham ? Nki yandi zwaka na kimuntu na
yandi ?<verse eID="Rom.4.1"/>
<verse osisID="Rom.4.1a" sID="Rom.4.1a"/>test pour voir<verse
eID="Rom.4.1a"/>
<verse osisID="Rom.4.1b" sID="Rom.4.1b"/>test pour voir encore<verse
eID="Rom.4.1b"/>

I can read the text in xiphos but not the verse number, is it a way to
display the verse number or not?

Le 07/07/2017 à 19:30, Troy A. Griffitts a écrit :

> The SWORD engine will accept verse references with a single letter
> suffix,e.g., Esther 5:1b.  The engine does nothing more than to
> resolve this to Esther 5:1.  So, while not perfect, a Bible can
> include 1a, 1b, 1c all in verse 1 with formatted how the edition
> wishes, e.g., a note in the text "b." "c." d." and if the user
> specifies 1c, they will still be taken to generally the right place.
> I hope this gives some idea how the SWORD C++ engine attempts to
> partially facilitate verse suffixes.
>
> Troy

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

DM Smith-5
The short answer: no.

Long answer:
There are two parts to this:
The module’s index and how osis2mod handles this.
First, the index:
Each verse has one slot. As Troy mentioned, the trailing a, b, c, …. is ignored. That means it identifies the same slot in the index.

Second, osis2mod’s handling of this.

When osis2mod encounters a verse, it tosses the <verse> tag surrounding the verse content and puts the verse content into the indexed slot.

When osis2mod encounters a verse, it appends the verse to what ever content is already in the module for that slot.

So in your example, the following should be what is stored in the module for Romans 4:1:
ta tuba sambu na nkâka na beto Abra­ham ? Nki yandi zwaka na kimuntu na
yandi ? test pour voir test pur voir encore

Hope this makes sense.

In Him,
        DM Smith

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Cyrille <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, I test with:
> \v 1a test pour voir
> \v 1b test pour voir encore
> In the osis file it is well:
> ta tuba sambu na nkâka na beto Abra­ham ? Nki yandi zwaka na kimuntu na
> yandi ?<verse eID="Rom.4.1"/>
> <verse osisID="Rom.4.1a" sID="Rom.4.1a"/>test pour voir<verse
> eID="Rom.4.1a"/>
> <verse osisID="Rom.4.1b" sID="Rom.4.1b"/>test pour voir encore<verse
> eID="Rom.4.1b"/>
>
> I can read the text in xiphos but not the verse number, is it a way to
> display the verse number or not?
>
> Le 07/07/2017 à 19:30, Troy A. Griffitts a écrit :
>>
>> The SWORD engine will accept verse references with a single letter
>> suffix,e.g., Esther 5:1b.  The engine does nothing more than to
>> resolve this to Esther 5:1.  So, while not perfect, a Bible can
>> include 1a, 1b, 1c all in verse 1 with formatted how the edition
>> wishes, e.g., a note in the text "b." "c." d." and if the user
>> specifies 1c, they will still be taken to generally the right place.
>> I hope this gives some idea how the SWORD C++ engine attempts to
>> partially facilitate verse suffixes.
>>
>> Troy

Re: Catholic and Catholic2 versification

Cyrille
Ok I understood.